upcoming abstract deadline for 2004 CSH plant genomes meeting

Stewart, David stewart at cshl.edu
Tue Sep 7 15:41:55 EST 2004

Dear Colleague

Announcing the approaching abstract deadline for the Cold Spring Harbor
meeting on
Plant Genomes: From Sequence to Phenome, December 9 - 12, 2004. Details:

[http://meetings.cshl.edu/2004/2004plants.htm].

We are looking forward to a broad-based meeting, and abstracts are welcomed
on all
scientific topics related to advances in our understanding of plant genome
structure and
function. The aims of this meeting are to review progress in genome analysis
of the major
plant groups and to determine the similarities and differences in genome
structure,
composition and function of the major groups of experimental and crop
plants. Please
note that the majority of talks will be selected from openly submitted
abstracts.

We have applied for funds from industry and government to partially support
postdocs/graduate
students. Please apply in writing to Valerie Pakaluk (pakaluk at cshl.edu)
stating financial need.

Abstracts due: October 8

Organizers: Gloria Coruzzi, Susan McCouch, Michael Snyder

Keynote Speakers: Joseph Ecker, Mark Johnston

Topics, Session Chairs & Invited Speakers

Regulatory Networks & Gene Expression
Elliot Meyerowitz (Chair), Philip Benfey & Trey Ideker

Proteomics
Brian Chait (Chair), Klaas Van Wijk & Mike Fromm

Phenomics
Charlie Boone (Chair), Robert Martienssen & Fabio Piano

Genome Organization & Evolution
Claire Fraser (Chair), Justin Borevitz & Vivian Irish

New Genomes & Elements
Detlev Weigel (Chair), tba, tba

Genomics: Approaches to Small Smolecules
Natasha Raikhel (Chair), Steve Briggs & Mark Stitt

Workshop on Resources and New Technology
Daphne Preuss & Mike Snyder

Abstracts due: October 8

Meetings & Courses Program
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory