Plant Molecular Biologist position announcement

Dauna L Bartley bartledl at basf-corp.com
Mon Apr 4 11:30:06 EST 2005

Job Opening: Plant Molecular Biologist
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC

BASF - The Chemical Company is a Fortune 100 chemical company dedicated to
making products that make our customers' products better.  Throughout the
20th century, BASF has played a leading role in agriculture and nutrition.
BASF Plant Science (BPS) was founded in 1998 and is represented at seven
sites in four countries. With this international network of expertise, BPS
is especially well equipped to be a leader in plant biotechnology, creating
and commercializing innovative products to help keep the world's growing
population well fed in the 21st century.  At BASF, we make careers better,
too.

Position Summary:  Candidate will be responsible for development of a
cell-based high throughput screening system for measuring gene expression.
Responsibility will extend to cloning, vector construction, and
Agrobacterium transformation.  The candidate should possess a strong
background in plant biology, plant tissue culture, and molecular biology.

Requirements:  (1) MS with 4+ years, or BS with 7+ years experience in
plant biotechnology, (2) demonstrated independent research ability from
designing experiments through completing them, (3) experience with
molecular biology and plant transformation systems (4) demonstrated strong
background in plant and molecular biology techniques, (5) demonstrated
strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.

Desired:  Experience in plant protoplast is a plus.  Demonstrated
well-organized work habit, strong ability to work well in team environment,
excellent written and verbal communication skills are a plus.

To Apply:  Please note that we accept online applications only, through our
website at http://www.basf.com/careers. Please click on "Open Positions,"
then "Search Openings," and enter 1577BR into the keyword search box.

We offer compensation and benefits that reflect our leadership position.
For more information about careers at BASF - The Chemical Company, or to
view all of our current openings, visit our website at
http://www.basf.com/careers.

No search firms. An Equal Opportunity Employer.