Three positions available

Jin, Wendy wjin at vectob.com
Tue Apr 5 13:36:01 EST 2005

Vector Research Ltd. Is a research and development company based in
Durham, North Carolina.  Our mission is to develop smoking products
with science-based reductions in certain harmful elements.  We
partner with the highly experienced tobacco management team of
Liggett Vector Brands Inc. for the manufacture and marketing of these
products.  We seek individuals with exceptional creativity,
motivation and scientific abilities to join us in this challenging
and exciting opportunity.

Vector Research Ltd. has the following opportunity at their Durham location:

Genetic Research Scientist

The research assignment will involve the identification and
characterization of critical genes, determination of the function and
regulation of those genes, and characterization transgenic plants.
Candidates are expected to provide technical expertise and
intellectual support to meet challenging program objectives and
assist in developing new research projects. The ability to clearly
articulate goals, rationales and results along with the
self-motivation to be the first to innovate is highly desirable.  The
successful candidate will exhibit strong leadership and communication
shills and have record of successful scientific accomplishments.  The
minimum requirements for this position also include a PhD with 3
years of experience in molecular biology, plant physiology, genetics
or a related discipline, or the equivalent.  Additionally this
detail-oriented professional must possess strong problem-solving
skills, an ability to work independently as well as on an
interdisciplinary team, demonstrated knowledge of accepted scientific
research methodology; and excellent communication and organizational
skills.

Research associate/assistant position
We are seeking highly talented and creative scientist with excellent
experience in molecular biology.  Qualified candidates should possess
an M. S. degree in biology/molecular biology or related fields and
two to five years' laboratory experience emphasizing molecular
biology are required.  Expertise in the following areas: gene
cloning, construct design and construction, PCR methods, Southern and
Northern blots.  A background in application of recombinant nucleic
acid techniques in plants is preferred.  Qualified applicant must be
able to provide technical expertise and intellectual support to meet
technically challenging program objectives and to assist in
developing new research projects. Candidate must possess accurate
oral and written communication skills, effective interpersonal
skills, basic computer skills, and the ability to independently
perform assigned duties in varied environments including laboratory
and greenhouse.   The candidate must also have the ability to work
well in a team-based environment.

Research associate or Research Scientist position
We are seeking highly talented and creative scientist with excellent
experience in plant transformation specifically with biolistics. We
want individuals with strong backgrounds in plant transformation and
transgene manipulation.  The successful applicants will lead and
expand projects and collaborate with internal project managers in an
interactive and dynamic fashion. Minimum requirements include a MS or
Ph.D plus 3-5 years relevant experience. We especially encourage
applications from already established scientists.

We offer competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and the
opportunity for personal and professional growth in an outstanding
work environment.  To become part of a dynamic organization, please
forward or fax your resume, salary history/ requirements, and
references to Dr. Wendy Jin, Vector Research Ltd., 710 West Main St.
Durham, NC 27701, fax: 919-683-8966 or email to wjin at vectob.com.

Wendy Jin, Ph.D
Director of Trait Discovery
Vector Research Ltd.