[Arabidopsis] Long oligonucleotide microarray workshop

David Galbraith galbraith at arizona.edu
Thu Aug 11 22:22:42 EST 2005

LONG-OLIGONUCLEOTIDE MICROARRAY WORKSHOP

January 8-13, 2006
The University of Arizona
Tucson, Arizona

This workshop will comprise a combination of lectures and hand-on
laboratory sessions. The participants will primarily employ
Arabidopsis and maize whole genome 70-mer oligonucleotide microarrays
in their laboratory work (for details of these arrays see
http://www.ag.arizona.edu/microarray>http://www.ag.arizona.edu/microarray
and http://www.maizearray.org/>http://www.maizearray.org/.

The workshop will be divided into two parts: Part I (Sunday 4PM to
Wednesday 5PM) will cover wet-lab aspects of microarray target
production and amplification, microarray hybridization, and scanning.
Part II (all day, Thursday and Friday) will concentrate on data extraction,
statistical analysis, and experimental design. Together these topics
are aimed at the goal of the participants obtaining optimal results using
oligonucleotide-based microarrays. Part II may be taken separately.

Specific topics to be covered include:

* Experimental design.
* Probe preparation and microarray printing.
* Microarray rehydration and probe immobilization.
* Target preparation, including RNA extraction, direct and indirect
labeling, and amplification techniques.
* Microarray hybridization.
* Array scanning and data extraction.
* Data analysis and archiving.

Registration (Part I plus Part II) is $650, which includes costs of
the microarrays and other supplies that you will use.
Part II registration only is $250. Part I participants will be
limited to 30 on a first-come, first-serve basis. Overall
participation will be limited to 40 individuals.

For further details and to register, please contact
David Galbraith (mailto:galbraith at arizona.edu)

David W. Galbraith
Professor of Plant Sciences and The Bio5 Institute
University of Arizona
Mailing address: Department of Plant Sciences
303 Forbes Building
Tucson Arizona 85721 USA
Tel: (520) 621-9153
Fax: (520) 621-7186