[Arabidopsis] GFP variant follow-up

Dietrich, Charles CDietrich at danforthcenter.org
Thu Aug 25 14:35:49 EST 2005

Thanks for those how responded already.  I have been able to track down
all the pieces that I would need to make the Arabidopsis lines I want
but due to time constraints I was hoping to find someone who has already
constructed Arabidopsis lines co-expressing two FP variants targeting
different membranes - e.g. tonoplast-CFP and plasma membrane-GFP.  This
way I could transform my construct (inducible expression of a gene that
causes a lethal phenotype from what I believe results from disrupted
membranes) into these lines and observe two membrane systems at the same
time and see which one is messed up first.  I could look at each
membrane system individually in different lines and try and tell which
one is disrupted first but I think it would be much better if I could
observe them at the same time in the same cell.  Thanks again.

Charles R. Dietrich, Ph.D.
Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
975 North Warson Road
St. Louis, MO 63132