[Arabidopsis] transient GFP expression

Barb Moffatt barb.moffatt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 16:07:38 EST 2005

Hi

The students in my lab are testing transient expression of GFP constructs by
infiltration of Arabidopsis leaves, because we do not have bombardment
equipment. We are following a protocol for infiltration of tobacco seedlings
that is published on the John Innes web site. The results seem to be hit and
miss and it takes about 7-10 days to see the expression. I would appreciate
any information on how others are using infiltration to look for GFP
expression in subcellular compartments of Arabidopsis cells.  Note,
electroporation of protoplasts is not option either.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Barb Moffatt
Dept of Biology
University of Waterloo