[Arabidopsis] announcement from RIKEN BRC

Masatomo Kobayashi kobayasi at rtc.riken.jp
Tue Dec 20 19:56:19 EST 2005

Dear Plant Researchers,

We have added Following resources to our on-line catalogue.
(URL:http://www.brc.riken.jp/lab/epd/Eng)
If you have a question, send your message to our office by e-mail
(plant at brc.riken.jp). Please keep in your mind that our office will
be closed from Dec. 29 to Jan. 3.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Masatomo Kobayashi

(1) Additional 89,003 RAFL clones were newly deposited from RIKEN GSC
and added to our catalogue. Now they are ready for distribution.

Please note:
    1. The clones are accompanied with either full-length sequence
(named as pda clone, 1,646 clones were added) or 5'-/3'-end sequence
(named as pdz clone, 87,357 clones were added). Please be sure when
you select the database to search clones.
    2. When you analyze the full-length sequence of pdz clone, please
send your result to us to improve our database. Your cooperation is
greatly appreciated.
    3. Sequence of RAFL clones is not always exactly same with that of
corresponding Arabidopsis gene annotated by TAIR. Please examine the
sequence data of RAFL clones available from our catalogue before you
make your order.

Reference:  Sakurai T, Satou M, Akiyama K, Iida K, Seki M, Kuromori
T, Ito T, Konagaya A, Toyoda T, Shinozaki K. Related Articles, Links
Free in PMC RARGE: a large-scale database of RIKEN Arabidopsis
resources ranging from transcriptome to phenome. Nucleic Acids Res.
2005 Jan 1;33(Database issue):D647-50.

(2) Additional 4,687 lines of RIKEN Arabidopsis transposon-tagged
mutants are now on our catalogue

    Total 4,687 lines of Arabidopsis transposon-tagged mutants were
newly deposited from RIKEN GSC and added to our catalogue. Among
them, 3,354 lines are ready for distribution now. Rest of them will
be ready by the end of next March.

Reference: Ito T., Motohashi R., Kuromori T., Noutoshi Y., Seki M.,
Kamiya A., Mizukado S., Sakurai T. and Shinozaki K. (2005) Plant Cell
Physiol. 46: 1149-1153.

(3) Poplar full-length cDNA clones are open for distribution

    Total 4,522 clones of poplar full-length cDNA were deposited from
FFPRI, and they are available now.

Reference: Nanjo T., Futamura N., Nishiguchi M., Igasaki T.,
Shinozaki K. and Shinohara K., Characterization of full-length
enriched expressed sequence tags of stress-treated poplar leaves.
Plant Cell Physiol. 45 (12): 1738-1748 (2004).
--
Dr. Masatomo Kobayashi
Head of Experimental Plant Division,