[Arabidopsis] Arabidopsis electronic fluorescent protein tool based on Schmid et al. data

Nicholas Provart provart at botany.utoronto.ca
Thu Dec 22 19:07:38 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

We have developed an 'electronic fluorescent protein tool' to allow easy
visualization of the Schmid et al. (2005, Nature Genetics 37:501-6)
AtGenExpress Developmental Atlas gene expression data set. The gene
expression data from this series are stored in our Botany Array Resource
database (normalization: gcRMA) and then the expression values for a given
gene-of-interest are painted onto a diagrammatic representation of
Arabidopsis, with stronger expression indicated by a darker shading. This
tool is in beta-testing, and I'd be happy to receive any feedback.

Our home page is http://bbc.botany.utoronto.ca/ and the eFP tool is
available directly (for now) at
http://bbc.botany.utoronto.ca/~bvinegar/cgi-bin/efp/efpWeb.cgi

Many thanks to Detlef Weigel and the many others who generated the data -
see http://www.weigelworld.org/resources/microarray/AtGenExpress/ for more
info.

Best regards,

Nick
Nicholas Provart, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Plant Bioinformatics.
Faculty Member, Program in Proteomics and Bioinformatics.
Rm 3051, Dept. of Botany, University of Toronto.
25 Willcocks St., Toronto, ON. M5S 3B2. CANADA.

Tel. (+1) (416) 978-7141, Fax. (+1) (425) 675-7036
URL. http://www.botany.utoronto.ca/faculty/provart/
Webtools. http://bbc.botany.utoronto.ca
email. provart at botany.utoronto.ca