yeast two hybrid antibodies

Dan Riggs riggs at utsc.utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 1 17:00:00 EST 2005

<x-flowed>Dear All:

We are examining interactions of some of our favorite proteins by direct
yeast 2 hybrid studies, but so far have not observed positive results.
We know the bait and prey constructs are in frame fusions, but we don't
know that they are expressed (though presumably they are).  I would like
to validate this by immunoblotting with antibodies directed against the
GAL4 activation domain (for the prey) and the GAL 4 DNA binding domain
(for the bait).  I know that such antibodies are available commerically
but I'm writing to ask if any of you have any experience with particular
suppliers and/or can offer any other advice about this.  Thanks for your
time!

Dan Riggs

---
</x-flowed>