SM insertion lines

NFS Anonymous Access User nobody at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 22 12:29:15 EST 2005

guodong.wang at wur.nl ("Wang, Guodong") wrote in=20
message=20
news:<D3D92867CDE2A64F99E900ABB01E2B2A01AB538E at scomp0017>...
>  Dear all,
>
>  Does anyone have the experience to detect the SM insertion lines within
>  PCR methods? I just wonder the primers you use because I cannot get
>  anything when I using:
>  SM_T-DNA_L4: CGT GAA GTT TCT CAT CTA AGC C. Someone have any idea?
>
>  All the best,
>
>  Guodong.
>
>  ---

Hi Guodong,

I was also confused by some other primer recommendations I found in
the web (I think at somewhere at ncbi)
but actually the following primers should do the job:

dSpm 3' end
dspm1: CTT ATT TCA GTA AGA GTG TGG GGT TTT GG (Tm:67.9=B0C)
nested dspm8: GTT TTG GCC GAC ACT CCT TAC C(Tm: 68=B0C)

dSpm 5' end
dspm11: GGT GCA GCA AAA CCC ACA CTT TTA CTT C(Tm: 69=B0C)
nested dspm5: CGG GAT CCG ACA CTC TTT AAT TAA CTG ACA CTC (Tm: 68.0=B0C)

the SM lines are obviously a subgroup of the SLAT lines.
check out

http://arabidopsis.info/info/slat_info1.html

hope that helps.
boris