Toluidine blue for cuticle test

Wang, Guodong guodong.wang at wur.nl
Wed Feb 23 08:15:30 EST 2005

Dear all,

Do anyone here have tried the methods describe in the follwing article
titled by "A new method for rapid visualization of defects in leaf
cuticle reveals five intrinsic patterns of surface defects in
Arabidopsis" published on plant jornal. I have one question, in the
paper the authors do not give very detail about the protocol for prepare
the plates, only mentioned that need 0.4% gellan gum, but seems the
methods is senstive to the substance in the pates, so I wonder if the
other substance in the plates are the same as normal plates including
1/2 MS and 1% sucrose and then adjust to ph5.8? I have try to ask the
author, but he seems disapper so long time, and I cannot get any answer.
Any one help me?