hygromycin resistance

xiang ming xmx1 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Jan 6 04:51:28 EST 2005

I think that is because your seedlings are not healthy enough for
soil growth. So when you screen seedlings in plates, you can use MS
medium with 1% sugar which will do seedlings good and use 12/12
light/dark condition. The root is also very important for seedling
growth in soil. Longer roots are much better than short roots. To
prevent breaking roots, you can scoop up seedlings together with
medium and transfer to soil. This will improve the seedling growth in
soil dramatically. I wish this will help you a little.

Good luck