TAP method

Zhixiang Chen zhixiang at purdue.edu
Thu Jan 20 15:10:58 EST 2005

Dear Colleagues:

We would be very grateful if anyone there can help us with the TAP method
for protein complex purification.  In using the procedure for purifying a
protein complex from Arabidopsis, we found a good purification and recovery
with the first protein A/IgG step.  But after treatment with TEV protease
(purchased from Invitrogen, 16C for 2 hour) we did not see any detectable
amount of cleaved protein that could be eluted from the IgG column.  We were
wondering whether this is due to bad protease or due to the conditions we
used.  Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zhixiang Chen, Associate Professor
Department of Botany & Plant Pathology
915 West State Street