Binary Vectors for Complementation

Matthew Pelletier Matthew.Pelletier at houghton.edu
Mon Jan 24 18:15:13 EST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

I am in the process of a positional cloning project and have
identified several candidate genes.  In the near future, I am
planning to perform complementation using genomic clones.  An ideal
binary vector would have numerous cloning sites available.  I don't
need a 35S promoter to drive expression of the transgene since I
intend to use the native promoter.  Any selectable marker would be
fine, although I hear BASTA selection is very easy and preferable to
other methods.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt Pelletier