Flavanoid biosynthesis down after growth induction?

Savidge, Rod A savi at unb.ca
Thu Jan 27 21:07:22 EST 2005

Dave,
Speculation from first principles the flavanoids arise from the polyketide
(acetylCoA/malonylCoA) pathway that is also vitally important for
many aspects of
primary metabolism; thus, from an efficiency standpoint there may be
good reason for
down regulation of the flavonoid pathway.  Another reason may be
because tannins arising
from the flavanoids are effective at complexing protein.
Rod