[Arabidopsis] how to control mould on plants

Redman, Julia jredman at tigr.ORG
Thu Jul 7 13:35:39 EST 2005

Hi Yenching,

I typically use Neem oil for control; it is fairly innocuous stuff.  If
you spray as soon as you see it, you reduce the chances of it spreading.
Neem is available under a variety of trade names as well as the obvious
label, "neem", premixed or as a concentrate, available at most hardware
stores or any nursery or many mail order companies.

If you want something a little more aggressive and likely to help in
prevention, I'd suggest Daconil.  You'll probably have to purchase this
from a larger nursery.

I would also check your air movement.  If you have high humidity, air
movement is key in preventing fungi.  If your chamber doesn't have a
built in fan, see if you can plug in a little clip on unit inside the
chamber.

Julia