[Arabidopsis] Detection of StrepII-tagged proteins

Zhixiang Chen zhixiang at purdue.edu
Wed Jul 20 07:56:55 EST 2005

Dear Colleagues:

I would be very grateful if someone with experience in protein purification
with the eight-amino acid StrepII epitope could give us some advices on the
procedure.  We have generated transgenic Arabidopsis expressing
StrepII-tagged proteins and are having problems detecting these proteins
using western blotting even though we know that the tagged proteins are
expressed based on phenotype changes and northern blotting.  I would greatly
appreciate it if someone there could provide us with a detailed protocol
(including sources of chemicals and antibodies) of western blotting for
detecting StrepII-tagged proteins in plants.

Z. Chen
Purdue University