[Arabidopsis] Postdoc position

ManivannanGMAIL nmvannan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 12:23:02 EST 2005

Dear Sir

I wish work as Post doctoral Fellow in crop improvement.  In this regard I wish to inform that I am having the following experiences in plant breeding related activities:

  a.. Experience in breeding program activities of crossing, evaluation and selection at field condition of self pollinated crops like mungbean, black gram, peanut and sesame and in cross pollinated crop Sunflower in my career.
  b.. In my career I was involved in the release of three varieties of pulses and two varieties of peanut and registration of one cms line in sunflower.
  c.. Experience in handling of germplasm in these crops.
  d.. Experience in organizing multilocation evaluation of the breeding lines evolved in state program.
  e.. Experience in analyzing of these data for their genotype x environment interaction.
  f.. Ability to plan, execute, analyze and interpret the  results of plant breeding experiments.
  g.. Ability to write scientific articles in reputed journals.
  h.. Able to write computer program for the required plant breeding statistical analyses.

I believe If I get a position at your lab I will work to the fullest satisfaction.   Hence I request to consider my application.

Yours truly,

(N.MANIVANNAN)

July,26th, 2005

___________________________