[Arabidopsis] seeking recommendations on barcoding hardware and software

Jennifer Normanly normanly at nsm.umass.edu
Tue Jun 21 16:15:34 EST 2005

I am interested in moving away from sharpie marks on polypropylene
tubes to a barcoding system, so that we can track a sample
(Arabidopsis seedlings) from the -80 freezer through to the mass spec
data that we generate for each sample.   We incorporate automation at
two points from freezer to mass spec--on a liquid handler for sample
prep and the GC-MS autosampler.  We plan to use FileMaker Pro to set
up our database.  Any advice on barcode vendors, hardware, software,
etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jennifer

--