[Arabidopsis] markers on the bottom of chromosome V between RPS4-NT and LFY3

Krisch, Rudolf krischr at missouri.edu
Thu Jun 30 17:14:45 EST 2005

I am looking for markers distinguishing between the Arabidopsis COLUMBIA and WASSILEWSKIJA ecotype on the bottom of chromosome V between RPS4-NT (95 cM / 18.5 Mb) and MDA7 (22.7 Mb) and MDA7 (22.7 Mb) and LFY3 (117 cM / 24.9 Mb), respectively. I am interested in any information about markers in this region, which can distinguish between Col and WS. Maybe someone in the News group has experiences concerning this problem (?).

I tryed to design markers, but that was difficult because I don't have sequence informations for WASSILEWSKIJA in this region. So I used the CEREON database (information for Col and Ler), but very often the markers couldn't distinguish between Col and WS.

I am thankful for any helpful information!
Rudi

Rudolf Krisch, PhD
University of Missouri-Columbia
Dept. of Plant Microbiology & Pathology