beta estradiol transfort to plant tissue

Priscilla priscilla.francia at
Thu Mar 17 08:37:29 EST 2005

may be someone can help me: I'm working with an inducible system to
regulate gene expression in Arabidopsis. This system is regulated by
steroid human hormon 17 beta estradiol.
Experiments let me guess that  adding sucrose (3%) in Ms medium
together with beta estradiol (for in vitro Arabidopsis germination on
the inductive medium) I  have induction of the molecular system: this
means beta estradiol is transpoted from medium to every cell ( through

When I don't add sucrose to the medium I don't have induction....beta
estradiol hasn't be up taken by germinating plant.Why?

Which role can have sucrose in beta estradiol transport?
Does sucrose form conjugates with estrogen molecule in phloem
It's otherwise a more easily problem of energy's lack ?

Keep in mind that this situation persists also when I trasfere  2
old-weeks sedlings from a non inductive medium ( no beta estradiol) to
an inductive one. The second medium need addition of sucrose to get