beta estradiol transfort to plant tissue

Priscilla priscilla.francia at lycos.com
Thu Mar 17 08:37:29 EST 2005

may be someone can help me: I'm working with an inducible system to
regulate gene expression in Arabidopsis. This system is regulated by
steroid human hormon 17 beta estradiol.
Experiments let me guess that  adding sucrose (3%) in Ms medium
together with beta estradiol (for in vitro Arabidopsis germination on
the inductive medium) I  have induction of the molecular system: this
means beta estradiol is transpoted from medium to every cell ( through
phloem?).

When I don't add sucrose to the medium I don't have induction....beta
estradiol hasn't be up taken by germinating plant.Why?

Which role can have sucrose in beta estradiol transport?
Does sucrose form conjugates with estrogen molecule in phloem
transport?
It's otherwise a more easily problem of energy's lack ?

Keep in mind that this situation persists also when I trasfere  2
old-weeks sedlings from a non inductive medium ( no beta estradiol) to
an inductive one. The second medium need addition of sucrose to get
induction.