[Arabidopsis] Postdoc position available

Sarah Grant sgrant at email.unc.edu
Fri Nov 4 13:20:21 EST 2005

Prof. Sarah Grant of the Department of Biology at the University of
North Carolina at Chapel Hill is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to
participate in an NSF sponsored project. The goal of the project is to
understand the function of bacterial virulence factors in enhancing
plant disease. Type III effectors are introduced into host cells from
infecting bacteria where they enhances pathogen growth and disease
symptom development. We have initiated a genetic screen to find plant
genes required for symptomatic responses to a specific type III effector
that demonstrably contributes to disease and disease symptoms. Our goal
is to identify the plant targets of the bacterial virulence factor. We
are looking for someone to continue the screen, characterize potential
mutants already identified and initiate other efforts to characterize
the function of AvrPpiB. The candidate must have a Ph.D and experience
with plant genetics, preferably with Arabidopsis. Interested candidates
should send a curriculum vitae including a list of published and “in
press” papers by email to sgrant at email.unc.edu
<mailto:sgrant at email.unc.edu>.

--
Sarah R. Grant