[Arabidopsis] Faculty position at Penn State: Plant Biolchemistry - cell walls!

Daniel Cosgrove dcosgrove at psu.edu
Tue Nov 22 14:01:29 EST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

    I am writing to draw your attention (below) to a new faculty position in
plant biochemistry at Penn State University. We are particularly interested
in building strength in the area of plant cell walls, and Penn State usually
makes very competive offers. This is a position in the department of
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, with a lab located near several other
plant biology labs (mine is close by, as are those of Sally Assmann, Richard
Cyr and Simon Gilroy).

  Would you please pass this notice on to potential candidates for this
position. In view of the approaching deadline (next week), I suggest sending
an email or fax to the chairman of the search committee, Teh-hui Kao (
txk3 at psu.edu ;  fax = USA 814-863-9416 ).
If you have any questions about the position,  I will be glad to talk with
you about it.

Best regards, Dan

---------------------
Daniel Cosgrove
Department of Biology
Penn State University
208 Mueller Lab
University Park, PA 16802
Tel (814) 863-3892
Fax (814) 865-9131
Email  dCosgrove at PSU.EDU <mailto:dCosgrove at PSU.EDU>
http://www.bio.psu.edu/Faculty/Cosgrove/
http://www.bio.psu.edu/expansins/

Faculty Position in Plant Biochemistry
Department of Biochemistry and
Molecular Biology
Penn State University

Applications are invited for a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor
of plant biochemistry. Candidates should have a strong record of research
accomplishment and have the potential for developing an extramurally funded
program of research that complements and builds on Penn State's current
strengths in plant biology. The successful candidate will benefit from
opportunities to collaborate with scientists in the Departments of
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, the College of
Agricultural Sciences, and join an interdisciplinary graduate program in
plant biology with a large number of highly interactive plant scientists
(see http://plantphys.psu.edu for faculty listing). We are particularly
interested in candidates using biochemical approaches to solve
interdisciplinary problems at the cell and molecular levels, particularly in
the areas of plant growth, development and signal transduction.
Please submit a curriculum vitae, a summary of past, current and future
research, and a statement of teaching interests and philosophy, and arrange
to have three references sent to: Chair; Plant Biochemistry Search,
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 108 Althouse Laboratory,
The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802. Review of
applications will begin November 28. Penn State is committed to affirmative
action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.