[Arabidopsis] Assistant/Associate Professor Position - University of Missouri-Columbia

Liscum, Mannie LiscumM at missouri.edu
Tue Nov 29 11:28:51 EST 2005

Assistant or Associate Professor

PLANT  DEVELOPMENTAL  BIOLOGY

Division of Biological Sciences
University of Missouri-Columbia

The Division of Biological Sciences (www.biology.missouri.edu) at the University of Missouri-Columbia invites applications for a tenure-track assistant or associate professor in plant developmental biology.  Candidates should use state-of-the-art cellular, molecular, genetic, and/or systems approaches to understand mechanisms that regulate the growth and development of plants.  The successful candidate will establish an active research program complementing departmental programs in developmental biology, genetics, functional genomics/proteomics and evolution.  MU also features strong interdisciplinary programs in Plant Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Physiology (www.plantgroup.org), Molecular Biology, Genetics, and a new Life Sciences initiative (http://lifesciences.missouri.edu/).

We offer highly competitive salaries, generous start-up packages, modern research labo¬ratories and support facilities, an active graduate program with institutional support for students and postdoctoral associates, and a highly interactive faculty.  Columbia, Missouri is an attractive, progressive city with an excellent school system.  We are firmly committed to fostering ethnic, racial, and gender diversity on our faculty and thus strongly encourage applications from women and members of groups underrepresented in science.

Applications should be sent by e-mail to: pltdev at missouri.edu.  Attach to the e-mail a single PDF document that includes your vita and a statement of your research and teaching interests. Three letters of reference should be mailed to: John David, Chair, Division of Biological Sciences, 105 Tucker Hall, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia MO 65211-7400.  The review of applications will begin on November 15, 2005 and continue until the position is filled.

MU is an Equal Opportunity--Affirmative Action Employer.  To request ADA accommodations Julie Harding at 573-882-6650 or by e-mail at hardingja at missouri.edu.

Cheers
Mannie
-----