[Arabidopsis] Promoter request - inducible expression

Ian Moore ian.moore at plant-sciences.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Oct 13 07:26:38 EST 2005

Dear All,

I would like to put out a request for GATEWAY-compatible promoter clones
that could help us to establish an inducible gene expression resource for
Arabidopsis and other plants.

We have recently described pOp6/LhGR, a dexamethasone-inducible expression system based on the pOp/LhG4 system (Craft et al., (2005) Plant J., 41, 899-918). We are currently assembling a set of constructs that will allow tissue-specific inducible expression in as many patterns as we can manage. To this end we are using GATEWAY reactions to clone selected promoters upstream of the dexamethasone-responsive transcription factor LhGR.

To augment this collection, we would be pleased to receive any GATEWAY
entry plasmids (L1-L2) that contain promoter fragments that give potentially useful patterns of expression. We will clone these upstream of LhGR and make the constructs available to the community as DNA or as seed. We are
interested in the first instance in promoters that will be effective in
Arabidopsis, but we can consider others too.

Please e-mail me with details of any clones that you would be willing and
able to send in the next 4-6 weeks.

Thank you.

Ian.

--
Ian Moore
Dept. Plant Sciences, University of Oxford        ian.moore at plants.ox.ac.uk
South Parks Rd.,                                  Tel. +44 (0)1865 275 040
Oxford, OX1 3RB.                                  Fax. +44 (0)1865 275 074