[Arabidopsis] Postdoc position available at Umeå Plant Science Centre (UPSC), Sweden.

Alan Marchant Alan.Marchant at genfys.slu.se
Thu Oct 27 05:48:51 EST 2005

A postdoctoral position is currently available within my group at the Umeå Plant Science Centre in Sweden. Work within my group is concerned with identifying and characterizing glycosyltransferases involved in secondary growth and embryogenesis in both Arabidopsis and Poplar model systems. Recently we have identified and characterized a novel glycosyltransferase mutant epc1 from Arabidopsis (for details see Singh et al., (2005) Plant J. 43, 384-397.) The offered postdoc position will undertake further characterization of the epc1 mutant with particular focus on heterologous expression of the protein, determination of substrate and acceptor molecules and identification of interacting protein partners. Molecular genetic based analysis of further glycosyltransferase mutants from Arabidopsis will also be involved.
Successful applicants should be highly motivated, be capable of working independently and have a relevant PhD. Experience in some or all of the following disciplines is highly desirable - Arabidopsis genetics, molecular biology including (cloning, RT-PCR etc), protein expression and analysis.
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected. Applications should be made by sending a cv together with contact details for at least 2 referees to Alan.Marchant at genfys.slu.se
For further details about the project either contact me via email or phone +46 (0)90 7868237
Further details about UPSC can be found at http://www.upsc.se/
The Marchant group home page can be found at http://www.upsc.nu/default.asp?pageid=2086