[Arabidopsis] 6th International Meeting

Tobias Baskin baskin at bio.umass.edu
Tue Sep 6 02:02:50 EST 2005

Elisabeth,
	My understanding is that there has been a change over the
past 20 (?) years in the fate of meeting proceedings. Once upon a
time, it was usual to publish a book of abstracts from the meeting,
either as a standalone volume or as a special issue of a society
journal. This sill happens but much less frequently. Instead, meeting
organizers print up a book of abstracts for the attendees but these
volumes are not published in the sense that they are not distributed
outside the meeting, they have no ISBN number, etc. I believe that
these meeting books should not be cited, precisely because of the
problem of finding them, particularly more than a few years after the
meeting. Nevertheless, they are occasionally cited.

	Perhaps one of the members of the list has saved their books
of abstracts and can help. I suggest that the TAIR arabidopsis web
page may like to consider finding all these meeting volumes for the
annual arabidopsis meeting and making pdfs of them available,
assuming this is legal.

	As ever,
		Tobias Baskin

>Dear Mr. Amasino,
>
>one of our patrons is deperately looking for the following article:
>
>Steinberg S.; Feldman LJ: Leaf shape development in Arabidopsis, p.
>135 - . Sixth International Conference on Arabidopsis Research.
>Madison, Wisconsin, 1995
>
>We couldn't find the proceedings of the Sixth International
>Conference on Arabidopsis Research in any library catalogue and also
>in no database.
>
>Can you tell me where the conference proceedings or especially this
>one have been published?
>
>Thank you very much for your help.
>
>Best regards
>Elisabeth Birle
>--
>Elisabeth Birle                   elisabeth.birle at uni-ulm.de
>University of Ulm, Communication and Information Centre
>Central Library                       Tel.: +49 731/50-31407
>Information desk                      Tel.: +49 731/50-31413
>89069 Ulm                             Fax:  +49 731/50-31494
>Germany

       _      ____          __   ____
      /  \   /          / \    /   \ \                 Tobias I. Baskin
     /   /  /          /   \   \      \                   Biology Department
    /_ /   __      /__ \   \       \__                611 N. Pleasant St.
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA, 01003
/      / ___   /           \   \__/  \ ____        Voice: 413 - 545 - 1533
			          Fax: 413 - 545 - 3243