[Arabidopsis] Traveling with Arabidopsis seedlings (fwd)

JESSICA M MCABEE jmmcabee at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 8 15:21:00 EST 2005

Jessica Messmer McAbee, Ph.D.
University of Washington
Department of Biology
Box 355325
Seattle, WA 98195-5325
(206)221-5756

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:51:26 -0700
From: Joanna Friesner <jdfriesner at ucdavis.edu>
To: JESSICA M MCABEE <jmmcabee at u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: [Arabidopsis] Traveling with Arabidopsis seedlings

Hi jessie,
I've been taking seedlings back and forth to NY and haven't had any problem
whatsoever.  I've had them packed in my carry on luggage (because I'm
worried about the temperatures in the lower part of the plane) and they
always go through the x-rays fine and have never even been taken aside.
Nobody has stopped me yet- I've done 2 cross-country trips and about 6 or 7
different flights...
Joanna
Ps- I've taken MS plates with seedlings and lots of eppendorfs full of
seeds.

On 7/29/05 10:23 PM, "JESSICA M MCABEE" <jmmcabee at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> I would like to take seedlings on MS plates with me on a flight.  Has anybody
> done this, especially since security has become tighter?  Any tips or
> precautions I can take to ensure that I will be able to take my plates on the
> airplane?
> Please post to board or respond directly (jmmcabee at u.washington.edu).
> Thank you for any ideas.
> -Jessie McAbee