[Arabidopsis] Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Cell Signaling/Cell Regulation

Ramesh Raina raraina at syr.edu
Wed Sep 14 11:36:42 EST 2005

Syracuse University
Department of Biology

Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Cell Signaling/Cell Regulation

The Department of Biology at Syracuse University invites applications for a
tenure-track position (Assistant or Associate Professor) to be filled by
August 2006.  The successful candidate will have (Associate Professor), or
will develop (Assistant Professor), a strong, extramurally-funded research
program which addresses cell signaling/cell regulation issues utilizing
animal, plant or microbial models.  We particularly seek an individual using
a biochemical and/or a genetic approach to address cell signaling/regulation
questions. The Department and the University place a high priority on
teaching.  The successful candidate will be expected to teach effectively at
the undergraduate and graduate levels.

The Department of Biology is in the midst of an exciting growth period,
having hired nine new faculty in the past five years.  Over the next five
years, we expect to hire 6-10 more new faculty. Additionally, we will move
into the new Life Sciences Building by 2008.  The Biology, Chemistry and
Physics Departments at Syracuse University are undertaking a joint
initiative to develop a strong interactive cell signaling/regulation group
possessing the breadth of experimental approaches and expertise necessary
for research success.  Information about this interdepartmental initiative
can be found at: http://cell-signaling.syr.edu
<http://cell-signaling.syr.edu/> .  Ample opportunities for research
collaboration exist within Syracuse University as well as at the State
University of New York-Upstate Medical University, located just two blocks
from the Syracuse University Biology Department and the State University of
New York-Environmental Science & Forestry, located immediately adjacent to
the Syracuse University campus. Specific information about our department
and current Biology faculty research programs are found on our website:

http://biology.syr.edu/facultyresearch/facultyresearch.html

To apply, send a curriculum vita, a description of past research
accomplishments, a clearly focused description of your future research goals
and a statement of teaching interests.  We invite applicants to submit their
materials electronically as a single PDF file to: biosearch at cas.syr.edu. We
also request that applicants have at least three letters of reference sent
directly either to the electronic address above or to mailing address below.
Please include the name, address, phone number and e-mail address of each of
your references.  Priority will be given to full applications received by
September 16, 2005.

Applications and reference letters should be addressed to:  John M. Russell,
Ph.D., Cell Signaling Faculty Search, Department of Biology, 130 College
Place, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY 13244

Syracuse University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with
a strong commitment to equality of opportunity and a diverse workforce.
Ramesh Raina, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Biology Department
601A Biological Research Labs