[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral position available

Sunghwa Choe shchoe at snu.ac.kr
Thu Sep 22 03:18:58 EST 2005

Postdoctoral position available
Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Cloning and characterization of brassinosteroid gulliver mutants

Applications are invited for an initially 2-year Postdoc position to
study brassinosteroid (BR) signal transduction pathways that control BR
biosynthesis. Our laboratory is primarily interested in brassinosteroid
biosynthesis and its regulation in Arabidopsis and rice. We have
isolated several new loci that are associated with BR biosynthesis and
signaling from Arabidopsis and rice. The candidate will perform research
on one of these mutants using molecular genetic and biochemical
approaches.

The successful candidate is highly motivated and has a strong interest
and demonstrated expertise in molecular genetics. Previous experience
with molecular techniques is essential. Prior experience with
Arabidopsis is desirable, but not essential. The laboratory is located
in the Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University. The
department is recently equipped with state-of-the-art tools in molecular
genetics, cell biology, genomics, and biochemistry.

Please send a cover letter detailing research experience (including
possible starting date), a full CV, and contact details of three
references to

Sunghwa Choe
Department of biological sciences
College of natural sciences
Seoul National University
Seoul 151-747, Korea
Phone, +82-2-880-6691
Fax, +82-2-872-1993
E-mail, shchoe at snu.ac.kr
Home, http://plant.snu.ac.kr
(Contact by E-mail is preferred)

Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.

Sunghwa Choe
E-mail,  <mailto:shchoe at snu.ac.kr> shchoe at snu.ac.kr
Home,  <http://plant.snu.ac.kr> http://plant.snu.ac.kr