[Arabidopsis] Annual Meeting- Late Abstract Submission

Joanna Friesner jdfriesner at stanford.edu
Mon Apr 24 12:28:27 EST 2006

Dear colleagues,

As MASC coordinator, one of my main tasks is to organize the annual
International Conference on Arabidopsis Research which will be held this
year from June 28th-July 2nd in Madison, Wisconsin (U.S.).  One of the
biggest strengths of the Arabidopsis community is the high-level of
international cooperation and collaboration; this conference aims to bring
together people from all over the world that are focused on issues relevant
to Arabidopsis research. However, the only way for this collaboration to
continue to thrive is through the participation of its members. The deadline
for abstract submission for the conference was last Monday, April 17th, and
unfortunately, registration numbers are quite low in comparison to recent
years. We have extended the deadline for abstract submission to May 1st in
order to allow for more researchers to submit abstracts.  Abstract
submission is now password protected, and after successful registration, the
password (extra) needs to be entered to upload abstracts. After May 1st,
registration is still possible, but abstracts for poster presentation will
no longer be accepted (in order to guarantee accommodations, attendees must
register by May 26th.) Conference website:
http://www.union.wisc.edu/arabidopsis/

We hope this year's conference will be successful and ask that you would
encourage your colleagues and laboratories to attend. Thank you in advance
for spreading the word.

Best regards,

Joanna Friesner,

MASC Coordinator