[Arabidopsis] Faculty positions at the Boyce Thompson Institute

Georg Jander gj32 at cornell.edu
Wed Aug 16 11:25:43 EST 2006

Dear Arabidopsis Researchers,

The Boyce Thompson Institute at Cornell University seeks to fill three
tenure-track plant research positions. Please forward the attached
advertisement to qualified applicants and/or post it at your institution.

Sincerely,
Georg Jander

Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research at Cornell University

BTI, an independent not-for-profit research organization, invites
applications for up to three tenure-track faculty positions at any level.
We seek candidates whose research addresses important questions in biology
using plant, plant-microbe, or plant-herbivore systems. Research topics
should be complementary to current research at BTI and Cornell. Particular
areas of interest include plant metabolism, small molecule biochemistry,
enzymology, ecology, and plant interactions with other organisms.
Applications from scientists using model systems not currently represented
at BTI are encouraged. BTI is located on the central Cornell campus and has
a research-oriented environment with state-of-the-art facilities and
family-friendly policies. Our location offers superb opportunities for
interactions and formal links to appropriate Cornell departments. We
encourage applications from women and minorities. Applicants should submit
a curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, and a concise
description of research plans (2-3 pages). Please submit applications and
have letters from three references sent to Gary Blissard, Search Committee
Chair, Boyce Thompson Institute, Tower Road, Ithaca, New York 14853,
e-mail: ee54 at cornell.edu. Review of applications will begin on November 1
and will continue until the positions are filled. Additional information
about BTI can be obtained at http://bti.cornell.edu.
EEO/AA/M/F/D/V

Georg Jander
Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Tower Road
Ithaca, NY 14853

gj32 at cornell.edu
Phone: 607-254-1365