[Arabidopsis] screening TAC library

Gill Dean via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by gilldean At interchange.ubc.ca)
Fri Dec 1 19:42:28 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I am interested in screening the TAC library available from the ABCR for TACs which cover the region containing a locus that we are map-based cloning. The TAC libray is spotted onto a filter and I am planning to screen using 32P-labelled probes.

Does anyone have experience in designing such a probe set and carrying out the filter hybridisation using a mixture of probes for this TAC library (or something similar)? The average insert size of each TAC is 80 kb and our region of interest is 200 kb.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Cheers,

Gill

Dr Gillian Dean, Haughn Lab