[Arabidopsis] screening TAC library

Joseph R. Ecker via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by ecker At salk.edu)
Sat Dec 2 14:49:45 EST 2006

Dear Gill

Any reason why you need to use that library?  Why not use the
Columbia TAC library made by the folks at JIC and available through
the JIC Genome Laboratory.

http://jicgenomelab.co.uk/libraries/arabidopsis/jaty.html

~ 30 plates of JAtY clones in the 50 to 80kb range have been end-
sequenced so you can find clones in your region by a simple database
search.

Joe

On Dec 1, 2006, at 4:42 PM, Gill Dean wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am interested in screening the TAC library available from the
> ABCR for TACs which cover the region containing a locus that we are
> map-based cloning. The TAC libray is spotted onto a filter and I am
> planning to screen using 32P-labelled probes.
>
> Does anyone have experience in designing such a probe set and
> carrying out the filter hybridisation using a mixture of probes for
> this TAC library (or something similar)? The average insert size of
> each TAC is 80 kb and our region of interest is 200 kb.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gill
>
> Dr Gillian Dean, Haughn Lab
> Dept of Botany
> 6270 University Boulevard
> Vancouver
> V6T 1Z4
> Canada
> Tel: (001) 604-822-2437
> FAX: (001) 604 822-6089
> http://www3.botany.ubc.ca/haughn/

Joseph R. Ecker
Professor,  The Salk Institute for Biological Studies
Plant Biology/Genomic Analysis  Laboratories
10010 North Torrey Pines Road
La  Jolla, CA 92037
Phone (858) 453-4100 x1752
FAX (858) 558-6379