[Arabidopsis] Position Available: Chair of the Department of Biological Sciences

Heather L. Youngs via arab-gen%40net.bio.net (by hlyoungs At mtu.edu)
Wed Dec 6 15:05:46 EST 2006

The Department of Biological Sciences at Michigan Technological
University invites applications for the position of Chair to begin in
the 2007-2008 academic year.  The successful candidate will have a Ph.D.
in the biological sciences or a related area, a distinguished record of
research and teaching, evidence of leadership in procurement of
extramural funding, and be eligible for appointment as full professor.
The chair is expected to maintain a dynamic research program compatible
with existing departmental strengths in biochemistry and molecular
biology, ecology and limnology, and the health sciences.

We seek an individual with the vision and skills to lead the department
to national prominence in biological research, further our strong
tradition of educational excellence, grow our M.S. and Ph.D. programs,
and advance the department’s position as a key player in
interdisciplinary strategic initiatives such as sustainability and
biotechnology.

Review of applications will begin January 5, 2007, and continue until
the position is filled.  For a broader position description see
http://www.bio.mtu.edu/.  Applicants should send: a letter of interest;
curriculum vitae; statements of research, teaching, and administrative
philosophies; and names of 4 references to:

Dr. Casey Huckins, Search Committee Chair
Department of Biological Sciences
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Dr.
Houghton, MI 49931

Michigan Technological University is an Equal Opportunity Educational
Institution/Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer.