[Arabidopsis] Postdoctoral Position

Isgouhi Kaloshian isgouhi.kaloshian at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 1 18:37:32 EST 2006

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
Plant-Microbe/Pest Interactions

A postdoctoral position is available starting July 1, 2006, in the
department of Nematology University of California, Riverside. Our lab
studies the signal transduction pathway mediated by the tomato gene
Mi-1. Mi-1 belongs to the largest class of cloned plant resistance
genes, and yet is a unique gene because it confers resistance to
three distinct animals, nematodes, aphids and whiteflies. We are
currently using genetic and functional genomics approaches to
elucidate the Mi-1-mediated resistance.

Qualifications:
Applicant should have a strong background in plant genetics and
general molecular biology. Also, strong oral and written
communication skills in English are mandatory. Experience in
functional genomics approaches is highly desirable. Prior work with
nematodes or insects is not required. To apply, please send a cover
letter describing research interests, a curriculum vitae with
detailed description of your research experience, names and e-mail
addresses of three references to:   isgouhi.kaloshian at ucr.edu

Application deadline is March 1, 2006

Isgouhi Kaloshian
University of California