[Arabidopsis] Technician Wanted

Folta, Kevin M. kfolta at ufl.edu
Fri Feb 3 12:21:51 EST 2006

University of Florida-Gainesville, Horticultural Sciences Department.  - Applications close February 13, 2006

We seek a motivated individual to fill a BS-MS level (PhD applicants welcome), state-funded technical position in basic and applied plant science.  The position is intended to recruit a candidate for a long-term commitment to an ambitious and diverse research program.

The position will require ½ time as lab manager (ordering, radiation compliance, training, etc) the other half will be supervised research.  Research directives are currently centered in two major areas.  The first is light-mediated development using the model system Arabidopsis.  The second area is in structural, functional and translational genomics in cultivated (octoploid) strawberry, using our high-throughput transformation system as a surrogate to study gene function.

An ideal candidate will possess demonstrated ability in molecular biology, with skills in tissue culture.  Computer abilities will be helpful.  Most of all, the best candidate will have a desire to work in a fast-paced, creative environment and integrate well with diverse, motivated personalities.

Apply at http://jobs.ufl.edu/

Research profile at http://www.arabidopsisthaliana.com <http://www.arabidopsisthaliana.com/>

Questions to kfolta at ifas.ufl.edu

Kevin M. Folta

Assistant Professor

Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology Program

and Horticultural Sciences Department

PO Box 110690, 1301 Fifield Hall

Gainesville FL 32611

phone:  352-392-3814