[Arabidopsis] Plant Biology Internships at Cornell University

PGRP Outreach pgrp-outreach at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 11 13:38:00 EST 2006

Hello to everyone,

I just wanted to let you know about our summer internship program.
Here is the information.  I hope that you will share this with your
students etc..

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Fox

Plant Biology Internships at Cornell University

The Plant Genome Research Program (PGRP) at Cornell University and
Boyce Thompson Institute is sponsoring undergraduate summer
internships in Ithaca, New York.  Internships are 8-10 weeks in
length in one of the participating labs currently doing plant genome
research.  Interns will be mentored by a graduate student or
post-doctoral associate and will work with their mentors on a project
related to plant genomics.  They will learn the latest in molecular
biology techniques, and depending on the lab, may also participate in
fieldwork.  All students will be attending lab meetings, reading and
discussing recent literature related to their project, and will
present their research to the other students, principal
investigators, and mentors at our summer student symposium.  Students
must be either US citizens or permenant US residents.  For
participation in the program, student interns will be provided a
stipend, housing, and some travel expenses.

For more information, please visit our website
(http://bti.cornell.edu/pgrp) or contact me at
(pgrp-outreach at cornell.edu).  Applications can be downloaded from the
website and are due postmarked by March 1, 2006.

--
Elizabeth A. Fox, Ph.D.
Outreach Coordinator

Phone: (607) 254-6732