[Arabidopsis] Post-doc Position in Functional Evolutionary Genomics

Spillane, Charles C.Spillane at ucc.ie
Mon Jan 16 13:55:48 EST 2006

Post-doc Position in Functional Evolutionary Genomics

We are seeking an enthusiastic & highly motivated Postdoctoral scientist to
join our research team working on epigenetics and reproduction. Our lab
employs a combination of molecular biology, functional genomics,
evolutionary bioinformatics and genetics to study basic and applied aspects
of reproduction. (www.ucc.ie/spillane). The successful applicant will work
on an Science Foundation Ireland funded project on elucidating processes of
evolutionary birth & death of genes, using Arabidopsis as a model for
functional evolutionary genomics. The 3 year project is funded by Science
Foundation Ireland and involves ongoing collaborations with Karl Schmid (Max
Planck ICE, Jena), Ken Wolfe (Trinity College Dublin) and Dolores Cahill
(University College Dublin). The starting gross salary for the SFI
Postdoctoral Fellow will be 33,000 euros per annum.  We are ideally seeking
candidates that can combine evolutionary analyses with molecular genetics
approaches in the model plant Arabidopsis. Candidates with proven experience
in developmental genetics, genomics, bioinformatics & evolutionary genetics
are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants should send an e-mail
outlining your research interest and motivations, including; (a) your C.V.
(please list publications and experimental skills) & (b) contact details and
e-mail addresses for 3 referees to:

Dr. Charles Spillane, Biochemistry Dept & Biosciences Institute, University
College Cork, Cork, Ireland. E-mail: c.spillane at ucc.ie

Deadline:  8th February 2006	UCC is an equal opportunities employer

__________________________

Dr. Charlie SPILLANE,
SFI Investigator,
Dept of Biochemistry & Biosciences Institute,
University College Cork (UCC),
2.10, Lee Maltings,
Cork,
IRELAND