[Arabidopsis] looking tips for successful crossing experiment

Hongyong Fu hongyong at gate.sinica.edu.tw
Wed Jul 5 01:49:40 EST 2006

Dear All: After crossing, we often observed continuous empty seeds (likely
unfertilized ovules) at the silique base and considered this as unsuccessful
crossing. The successful crossing is at a ratio about 1/5 (i.e., without
seeing aborted seeds at the base).  Are you experience similar results? Are
there tricks to ensure near 100% successful crossing? We are eagerly looking
for some guides since the successful crossing is crucial for our experiment.
Thank you in advance for your kind help. Best.

Hongyong

Hongyong Fu, Associate Research Fellow

Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology

Academia Sinica, Taipei

Taiwan 11529

Tel: 886-2-27892392

Fax: 886-2-2782-7954