[Arabidopsis] [BAR News] AtGenExpress Biotic Stress, Chemical and Hormone series now viewable in eFP Browser

Nicholas Provart nicholas.provart at utoronto.ca
Fri Jul 21 13:51:27 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

We have added the AtGenExpress biotic stress, chemical and hormone
expression data set to our 'electronic Fluorescent Protein' Browser, to
permit a more intuitive exploration of gene expression response for any one
of ~22810 Arabidopsis genes in response to several different pathogens, as
well as to a slew of hormones and typical inhibitory chemicals. We believe
that the eFP Browser provides a convenient overview of gene response, as
well as an improved understanding of the experimental set-up for the data
sets. In all, 741 AtGenExpress data sets, encompassing 16.9 million
expression data points, have been prepared for viewing with the eFP Browser.

The URL remains the same at http://bbc.botany.utoronto.ca/efp/, however new
choices have been added to the dropdown menu - select the Biotic Stress,
Chemical or Hormone data sets.

A couple of new features have also been added to this iteration of the eFP
Browser, including a mouse-over feature which gives the expression value or
fold-change in a given tissue under a given treatment.

We are grateful to Dr Birgit Kemmerling (Nuernberger Lab, ZMBP, Tuebingen),
Drs Yukihisa Shimada and Eiji Nambara (PSC, RIKEN, Yokohama), and Dr Julia
Dewdney (Ausubel Lab, Harvard University) for feedback in developing their
data sets for this release of the eFP Browser. The gene expression data were
generated by the respective labs, and the project was funded by the
Deutschen Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG), RIKEN and the NSF.

Any comments are appreciated. Debbie Winter, who implemented these series
for the eFP Browser, is an NSERC summer scholarship recipient.

Best regards,

Nick
Nicholas Provart, PhD
Assistant Professor, Plant Bioinformatics
Director, Program in Proteomics and Bioinformatics
Rm 3051, Dept. of Cell and Systems Biology, Uni. Toronto
25 Willcocks St., Toronto, ON. M5S 3B2. CANADA

Tel. (+1) (416) 978-7141, Fax. (+1) (416) 978-5878
URL. http://www.csb.utoronto.ca/faculty/provart/
Arabidopsis Webtools. http://bbc.botany.utoronto.ca
email. nicholas.provart at utoronto.ca
TTC. Spadina LRT, Willcocks St.