[Arabidopsis] question about the gus staining

chenxi cxde at iastate.edu
Thu Jun 8 12:50:12 EST 2006

Dear Arab-net users,

Sorry to bother you. I am xi, when I am working on gus staining for my
interested gene, I met some problem. The expression level of this gene is
about 200, which is from collecting the microarray data using our own software
MetaOmGraph. I didn't get blue color for a series of development time for the
transformed plants. The transfer construct is promoter + interested gene. When
I extracted the DNA from these lines, I got poitive right band. So one of
possible reasons is the sensitive of gus staining is too low for transformed
plants. Do you guys have some good suggestions?

best regards!
Xi Chen
Interdepartmental Plant Physiolgy Major
Department of Genetics, Development, and Cell Biology
433 Bessey Hall
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011
Phone: (515) 294-3509