[Arabidopsis] postdoctoral position

John Bowman jlbowman at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 12 23:59:20 EST 2006

Research Fellow Level A, School of Biological Sciences

The School is seeking a dynamic scientist with an excellent record of
research in genetics or plant development.  Work in the laboratory
works is broadly focused on the development of meristems, carpels and
leaf polarity in Arabidopsis and the evolution of such structures in
the context of land plants.  Our recent work is described in the
following references: Lee et al. (2005) Plant Cell 17, 25-36; Eshed
et al. (2004) Development 131, 2997-3006.  Floyd and Bowman (2004)
Nature 428, 485-486.  Emery et al. (2003). Current Biology 13,
1768-1774.

Applicants should hold a PhD and have a strong record of publications
in international journals.  Ability to attract external research
funds and establish links with industry and/or government agencies is
desirable.

Contact:  John Bowman, tel: +1 530-754-9652 or email:
jlbowman at ucdavis.edu or john.bowman at sci.monash.edu.au

Applications:  By email to the above contact or by mail addressed to
John Bowman, Department of Biological Sciences, Monash University,
Clayton Campus, Melbourne, 3800, Australia by July 31 2006. Position
will commence on 1 October 2006.

Position information and application details can be viewed on our
website at www.monash.edu.au/opportunities

Applications must include a curriculum vitae and the names and
contact details of three referees.

--
John L. Bowman
Section of Plant Biology