[Arabidopsis] postdoctoral position--plant biochemistry

Stacey, Gary staceyg at missouri.edu
Tue Jun 20 12:17:17 EST 2006

Postdoctoral Position

Nucleotide Recognition in Plants

A postdoctoral position is available immediately to study the role of
extracellular nucleotides (e.g., eATP) in normal plant growth and
development. Recent data from our lab and others suggest that eATP is
essential for normal plant growth and development. However, unlike
animal systems, relatively little is known about how plants recognize
and respond to extracellular nucleotides. The laboratory is making a
major effort to understand these events and we are looking for a
postdoctoral associate who can lead our efforts. The ideal candidate
would have a strong background in biochemistry and molecular biology.
Prior experience in the study of nucleotide recognition in animal
systems would be a plus. It is not necessary that the candidate have
experience working on plants; we can provide training in this area.

This is an ideal position for someone who wants to be at the forefront
of characterizing this important signaling network in a new system.

Prof. Gary Stacey, National Center for Soybean Biotechnology, University
of Missouri, Columbia, MO; email:  staceyg at missouri.edu

The University of Missouri is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employers.

Gary Stacey, Ph.D.

National Center for Soybean Biotechnology

Divisions of Plant Sciences and Biochemistry

Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology

271E Christopher S. Bond Life Sciences Center

University of Missouri

Columbia, MO  65211

Office phone: 573-884-4752

Lab Phone: 573-884-4799