[Arabidopsis] phd position

Günter Brader gunter.brader at helsinki.fi
Mon Jun 26 08:26:30 EST 2006

A PhD position is available as part of an NKJ project on genomic analyses
and modeling of plant secondary metabolism in the group of Tapio Palva at
the Division of Genetics, Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences, University of Helsinki. The project will focus on the role of
glucosinolates in plant defense against bacterial and fungal pathogens in
the model organism Arabidopsis and shall finally lead to development of
oilseed rape with improved pest resistance.

We are looking for a student with expertise in molecular biology and strong
interest in plant pathogen interactions, signal transduction and analysis of
defense metabolites. We provide a modern research environment and require
active interest in gaining experience in modern molecular biology techniques.

The position can be filled in summer 2006. Send your application with CV and
contact details of two references to Günter Brader
(gunter.brader at helsinki.fi) by 15th July 2006. More information on current
publications and other present project outlines are available at our webpage
http://www.helsinki.fi/bioscience/plantgenetics/

--
Günter Brader
Faculty of Biosciences