[Arabidopsis] Re: question on promoter construct

Rob jouw_held at go2mail.be
Fri Mar 3 04:52:05 EST 2006

Hi Jiang,
well it seems to me, that you just have to make sure, that the reading
frame is correct for both the gene-of-interest and the reporter genes.
In other words, your can virtually translate your construct from the
initiationcodon right untill the end of the reportergenes. (Both GUS
and GFP). Than check if this corresponds to the expected proteins. It
should be transcibed and translated as a fusionprotein. It will be a
very big one, I don't know if that will work properly.
Good luck,

Rob van den Bekerom
Ecophysiology department
University of Utrecht