[Arabidopsis] looking for appropriate microRNA mutants

horvathd at fargo.ars.usda.gov horvathd at fargo.ars.usda.gov
Wed Mar 8 10:22:55 EST 2006

Hi,

I suspect the gene construct I am studying is regulated by an as yet
uncharacterized microRNA. To test this I would like to cross my
transgenics to lines with mutations in dcl, hen and hyl mutants. From
my reading, it is clear that there are lines with various mutantions in
these genes with varying intensities (from lethal to nearly
undetectable phenotypic effects). Thus, I am hoping to get some advice
as to which mutant lines I should try first (and who I should ask to
get the mutant lines if known). In case it is relevant, I see my
construct expressed primarily in root and shoot tips, as well as at the
base of tricombs. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Dave Horvath
USDA/ARS/RRVARC
Fargo ND