[Arabidopsis] How many complete plant genome sequences are there?

Joseph R. Ecker ecker at salk.edu
Wed Mar 15 14:08:13 EST 2006

Rob

That's correct only 2 plant genomes are competed and published. In
addition to poplar which Carl mentioned, DOE JGI has 6 other plant
genome sequencing projects that are in progress (Arabidopsis lyrata,
Capsella,, Milmulus,  Physcomitrella  (moss), Selaginella, Sorghum).
Also, the NSF has funded sequencing of the maize genome.  There are
also several international projects to sequence medicago,  lotus,
tomato and potato (e?)  genomes,  See these links for more
information about DOE JGI's and several other plant genome sequencing
efforts (not intended to be a complete list.).

Joe

http://www.jgi.doe.gov/sequencing/cspseqplans.html
http://www.jgi.doe.gov/sequencing/cspseqplans2006.html
http://www.jgi.doe.gov/sequencing/why/