[Arabidopsis] BASTA concentration of JatY clones

Maryke maryke at science.uct.ac.za
Tue Mar 28 02:02:16 EST 2006

I have recently transformed my plants with JatY library clones (obtained
from GetCID) which were constructed using the pYLTAC17 vector, allowing
for the selection of transformed plants by BASTA resistance.

Ideally I would like to select for my transformants on soil by spraying
them with BASTA.  However, I am struggling to optimize the BASTA
concentration required for selection.  Could anyone who has had success
with these clones please tell me what concentration of BASTA/glufosinate
ammonium (or phosphinothricin for selection on plates) to use?

Secondly, if someone has plants successfully transformed with any of the
JatY clones that I could use as a control in my selection process, I
would be most grateful if you are willing to send some seed to me.
Please see the postal address below.

Regards,
Maryke
Maryke Carstens