[Arabidopsis] Re: Re: PS: Candidates should be 30 years old maximum

Charles S. Gasser csgasser at ucdavis.edu
Fri May 19 15:58:04 EST 2006

Edwin J. Reidel ejr24 at cornell.edu wrote:

>Just curious, does arab-gen take a stand on age discrimination?  It seems
>to me that distributing job announcements like this only facilitates
>institutionalized discrimination.

To clarify for all:

The purpose of Arab-gen moderation is not to take a stand on
anything.  The the sole function of moderation is to prevent
subscribers and the archives from receiving: commercial messages,
information not pertinent to Arabidopsis researchers, and other
clutter.  In general, if the content appears of remote interest to
the community it is passed on.  The only partial exception to this is
that we do not post messages that are from individuals looking for
jobs, only new position openings, which are posted without prejudice.

Best wishes,
Chuck Gasser
arab-gen moderator
--